The Parochial Church Council (PCC) is made up of elected members, officials and ministers. Its purpose is (amongst other things):
co-operation with the minister in promoting in the ecclesiastical parish, the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical.
From April 2017 our members are:
- Revd Ben Green (Vicar & Chair)
- Carol Chadwick (Warden & Safeguarding Co-ordinator)
- Geoff Wyatt (Warden)
- Sue Joyce (Reader)
- Ray Skarratt (Reader)
- Steve Robins (Deanery Synod Representative – elected to 2020)
- John Taylor (Deanery Synod Representative – elected to 2020)
- Michael Ackroyd (elected to 2018)
- Allan Baldwin (Treasurer – elected to 2018)
- JoAnne Griffin (Electoral Roll Officer – elected to 2018)
- Janet Hine (elected to 2018)
- Roger Myring (elected to 2018)
- Helen Slim (elected to 2018)
- Annie Somers (elected to 2018)
- Mandy Widdas (elected to 2018)
- Janet Wyatt (elected to 2018)
At our annual meeting in April 2017 we decided to reduce the number of elected representatives from nine to six, to make the PCC a more appropriate size for our church.
We don’t have a permanent secretary, so minute-taking is shared between Carol, Janet and Steve.